There are some things that should be considered essential and necessary for every man’s home. Whether it’s something special to you, such as some sports memorabilia or your favorite movie or game collection, there are many things that you’ll want to include in your man cave. However, there are some things that are often left out or over-looked during the design process that are absolutely needed within your home! We’ve gone ahead and listed out some of the top things that we believe every man’s home needs.
A Dining Room (That You Use!)
- Many people neglect one of the most vital parts of the entire home decoration parts: your dining room. It’s important to have a place to sit down, relax, and eat your home-cooked meal that isn’t your coffee table in the living room, in front of your couch. As you start to get older and develop your habits and lifestyle choices, it becomes harder to keep going through the process of sitting at your couch and eating at your coffee table. It’s time to grow up, get a dining room, put a table and chairs in there that look decent, and use it.
- We would highly suggest incorporating dark-themes into your dining room to help not only improve your man-score, but really set the mood with a more relaxed, emotional vibe. I like extremely dark brown mahogany in my dining room, but others may prefer a lighter shade of oak instead. Use your taste and preference – but get one and utilize it!
A Unique Place to Store Things
- Many guys tend to just leave their junk and random knick knacks and gadgets lying all around the house. The last thing a woman wants to see when they come over is a pile of clothes, or multiple pairs of shoes just laying around. One of our biggest suggestions on an item to store whatever you need: an awesome, dark-stained chest with brass or gold knobs. This chest not only looks beautiful and manly, but really shows off your style and taste to that special lady that comes by.
- Some other ideas include creating and designing your own storage space yourself! What could be manlier than that? There are plenty of options to get creative ideas from. Check out a monthly subscription to Family Handyman perhaps. Check out different YouTube videos on DIY tutorials for various things. Branch out and really get unique with your idea!
A Great Set of Sheets
- It’s important to get a fresh, comfortable set of sheets with the thread count that you really prefer for your new bedroom or remodeling furnishings. I would recommend sticking with neutral colors, as those generally tend to match well with a variety of other objects within your home, such as that stylish bookcase or similar set of storage chests or whatever item you design to incorporate into your bedroom. In addition to the sheets, you want to have a great pillow, whether you prefer memory foam material inside the pillow or something else like a certain type of feather, be sure to spend the money and invest in a high-quality pillow to use. It’s something that you’ll be spending the majority of your life on, so it’s worth it!
A High-Quality Library
- A man who enjoys reading is a man who lives a great life in my opinion. Having a well-kept, established library can be just the touch you need for your home. There’s something special about a gentleman who owns a collection of actually good books, not just random classics they searched and found online, but books that they personally have enjoyed and curated throughout the years.
So with that, I leave you with these final words: No matter what design, styling, or any type of setting you would like to create in your home, make sure you personally feel comfortable and excellent about it before you incorporate it. It has to not only come from a store, but come from your body, heart, and mind as well! Sounds somewhat corny, but it’s true. Who feels at home in an environment that you’re not comfortable in?